SKA Actions on Siesta Promenade Project
SKA is actively working to follow the progress of the Benderson Development proposal to build a mixed-use development at the corner of Stickney Point Road and US-41. Our goal is to ensure that the final development has the least possible impact on Siesta Key and its residents.
Projected timeline UPDATE
Based on the announcement of county staff notices of sufficiency and completeness of the revised application, the following are rough estimates of key dates.
- County Staff sufficiency declaration: July 17, 2018
- End of County Staff formal review: August 31, 2018
- First public hearing (Planning Commission): November 15, 2018
- County Commission public hearing: December 12, 2018
Please be aware that these are estimates based on the timelines provided in the County Fact Sheet. All are subject to change. The county will announce all public hearings, and SKA will keep members informed of announcements as they occur.
Todd Mathes, Benderson Development project manager for Siesta Promenade, held a county-mandated Neighborhood Workshop on Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 6pm at the Pine Shores Presbyterian Church, 6135 Beechwood Ave, Sarasota FL 34231. County staff were in attendance. Here is the official notice from the county.
Benderson Development Promotional Activity
Benderson Development has issued a press release and launched a website promoting the development. Links are below.
Documents filed with Sarasota County
Below are links to the documents filed with Sarasota County by the developer along with the latest advisories on the project from the County Planner. Newest documents are at the top.
- CAP and Rezoning Fact Sheet – July 2018
- Siesta Promenade CAP Sufficiency Letter-1 – July 2017
- RZ 16-29 3rd Completeness Letter-1 – July 2017
- Announcement of Revised Application – June 2017
- Direct link to the Revised Application – June 2017
- Direct link to the CAP Scope of Work – February 2017
- Direct link to the 2016 CAP application – August 2016
Updated September 30, 2018