North Midnight Pass Road improvements: sidewalk/driveway repair in progress from Summer Cove to Shadow Lawn Way
This post is updated as additional information becomes available. Check FDOT District 1 Roadwatch for bi-weekly updates.
January 15, 2023 —
Sidewalk and driveway repair is in progress from Summer Cove to Shadow Lawn Way. In this area, Midnight Pass Road is intermittently narrowed to two lanes during the day. During evening hours, Midnight Pass should be returned to normal configuration.
January 6, 2023 —
Road work continues on Midnight Pass Road near Shadow Lawn Way. Work will generally be from 8 am to 4:30 pm. No nighttime work is currently scheduled. No schedule is available regarding work on other areas of Midnight Pass.
- Two lanes will remain open during construction as will access to businesses and residences.
- Milling and resurfacing will begin after Easter, the traditional end of “season,” and will be done overnight. Anticipated start date for this is approximately mid to late April.
- Construction “maintenance of traffic” devices will be removed each day.
December 22, 2022 —
The SR 758 Midnight Pass from Stickney Point to Shadow Lawn Way project will shut down from Saturday, December 24, 2022, through Tuesday, January 3, 2023
December 9, 2022 —
- December 12 to 16 – Contractors will continue to work along Midnight Pass Road from Siesta Estates Ct. to Shadow Lawn Way during the day.
- December 12 – Contractors will be working on the northeast quadrant of Stickney Point and Midnight Pass drilling the drill shaft foundation.
- December 14 – Contractors will be working at the intersection of Stickney Point and Midnight Pass to continue drilling the drill shaft foundation during the night with temporary lane closures.
December 5, 2022 —
Beginning Sunday night December 4, 2022, FDOT will be improving north Midnight Pass Road between Stickney Point Road and Shadow Lawn Way and begin erecting a barrier wall for pedestrians. Dec. 5, daytime work will focus on setting up a pedestrian detour. By December 6, the barrier wall should be complete. While there will be some lane closures during this week, no other lane closures are scheduled for next week after the night of Dec. 6. View FDOT Factsheet Midnight Pass Road (SR 758) from Stickney Point Road (SR 72) to Shadow Lawn Way
Check FDOT District 1 Roadwatch for project updates. Projected completion is fall 2023. Expect intermittent lane closures.
In addition to resurfacing, work will also include widening shoulders and turn lanes, replacing sidewalks, improving drainage, signage and pavement markings, and lighting upgrades. Construction of the roundabout at the intersection of Midnight Pass Road and Beach Road, which originally was planned to coincide with the resurfacing project, will be handled separately. Lane closures are permitted as follows:
• Single lane closures: signalized (within 600’ of signalized intersection); 9:30pm to
7:30am unsignalized: no restrictions.
• Lane closures in both travel directions at once are not permitted.
In March and April 2023, repairs to Turtle Beach on the southern end of the Key, using sand trucked in from an inland source over the Stickney Point bridge might overlap with the resurfacing project.
For more information see Sarasota News Leader, November 24, 2022, Rachel Brown Hackney: “Resurfacing of 1.635-mile segment of Midnight Pass Road on Siesta Key to begin in December”