Latest News on COVID-19 Vaccinations in Sarasota
March 27, 2021 —
Beginning Monday, March 29 anyone 50 and over is eligible for COVID-19 vaccination. Beginning April 5, anyone 18 and over is eligible for vaccination.
Following is information regarding registering and receiving COVID-19 vaccinations. Please check back; new information will be added as it becomes available. You must provide proof of full or part-time Florida residency.
Sarasota County The County is scheduling up to County Everbridge account number 189,998 for a first-dose vaccination .
Register with Sarasota County – Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Go to the the Sarasota County COVID web site
- Select COVID-19 Registration System
- Select REGISTER
If you need help registering, call 941-861-8297, 7 am to 7 pm Monday – Friday.
Once Registered with Sarasota County
Once registered with the County, there is nothing you need to do but wait for the County to notify you that an appointment is available for you. They will notify you via text, phone, or email, depending on the information you provided.
- Phone notification will be from: 941-861-8297
- Text notification will be from: ID 88911
- Email notification will be from: DOHcovid19vaccine@scgov.net
Putting this information in your contacts will allow you to recognize a notification regarding an appointment. If you are notified by phone, have pencil and paper handy to write down the information; the message is fast. Reply to notification within 2 hours. You should get a confirmation with appointment information.
Find Your Sarasota County Registration Number
If you have registered with Sarasota County, you can find where you are in line:
- Click here to sign into your Everbridge Account
- Scroll down the page to login. You will need your username and password. If you forgot these, you can retrieve them.
- Once logged in, scroll down to find your account number. This is your place in line.
- Click here to find the last scheduling number;
Register with Manatee County
People are selected at random for appointments, so late registrants have equal opportunity of being selected as early registrants.
- Go to the Manatee County COVID-19 Standby Pool web page
- Select REGISTER NOW and complete the requested information
If you would rather register by phone, Call 941-748-4501 and register over the phone, available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Register with Pinellas County
- Go to Pinellas County Florida Health web site
- Select Create an to create an account
- Complete the requested information
People have also had results by registering with the health departments in other nearby counties.
Vaccinations are available at select pharmacies in some counties, including Sarasota and Manatee Counties. (Click here for list of Florida sites available.) Appointments are scheduled online as doses are received. No appointments are made by phone. The next time when appointments will be scheduled is posted on the Publix web site . This system is much like the first Sarasota County system. So thousands of people are trying to schedule appointments. They may be fully booked before you even have an opportunity to select an appointment.
- Go to the Publix web site shortly before the scheduling time.
- Have your insurance card available and be prepared to fill out a form asking you questions about your health.
- “WAITING” will be highlighted at the top of the page.
- Wait until “BOOK NOW” highlights; click to book an appointment.
More Places to Register for Vaccinations
Appointments were available on February 10 but are fully scheduled. The closest store giving vaccinations appears to be in Sarasota at 5400 Fruitville Rd. and Bradenton at 5802 14Th St. West. Check the Winn Dixie website. Winn Dixie does not post scheduling time on their website. You might try creating an account to receive notifications.
CVS, Walgreens, Walmart Appointments
You may need an account to receive a vaccination. You can create an account and sign up for notifications on their COVID sites.
There are vaccination sites in Sarasota and Manatee. Check the site frequently as appointments fill up quickly.
You need an account to access this site. There are vaccination sites in Sarasota and Manatee. Check the site frequently as appointments fill up quickly.
You need an account to access this site. There are vaccination sites available. Check the site frequently as appointments fill up quickly.
If you are a patient at a hospital, you might check with them. Hospitals are vaccinating their staff. If they have residual doses, they may vaccinate patients.
Recent News Articles:
Sarasota News Leader, February 5, 2021, Rachel Brown Hackney: County COVID-19 vaccination registration accounts closing in on 120,000 mark with as many as 50% representing two people