Hotel Houses/Illegal Rentals
GUIDELINES for REPORTING ILLEGAL RENTALS
- For an EMERGENCY, call 911.
- For a disturbance (illegal parking, excessive noise, or threatening behavior), call the Sheriff’s non-emergency number: (941)316-1201. If you request onsite assistance from the Sheriff, try to talk with them when they arrive. Verify the complaint number with the Sheriff. Later, you can phone and request a copy of the police report. Verify it.
- Phone non-emergency rental complaints to the Sarasota County Call Center (941) 861-5000, M-F 8 am to 5 pm to record an official complaint. See-Click-Fix does not generate an official County Code Enforcement record.
- Provide the EXACT street address of the property for the complaint to be logged properly. Be sure to include Drive, Lane, Place, etc.
- State the nature of the complaint. If you have documentation, you will be given an email address where you can send it.
- Hard evidence includes a copy of a lease for less than 30 days or an image of an online ad that advertises less than 30 day rentals for single-family residential property.
- Corroborating evidence could be photos showing multiple check ins during the month, videos of loud/intrusive behavior, cars parked in no-parking areas, garbage overflowing on non pickup days, etc.